With the new baby, I recently got tired of looking at my old, gross, worn-out changing pads that I had saved from when Pen Elaine was a baby over 2 years ago. So, I finally realized I could easily cover one side of my waterproof changing pad things with fabric scraps and some forest-y ribbon that was a baby gift.
First, I pulled out the sewing machine for some quick hemming of straight lines. So, I hemmed the long sides. Then, I folded the corners over in a way to hem the short sides without exposing raw edges. Then, I sewed a straight line down a piece of felt ribbon that I had cut the exact length of the pad, to add a little finishing touch.
It was so fast and easy that I refurbished another one!
Now, I love changing diapers….jk.